Parents are able to apply for enforcement services through the child support office in the county from which the court issued the child support order. If a parent is not paying his or her child support obligation, the other parent can ask the court to enforce the child support order. If a parent is behind on child support payments, the court can require him or her to make additional payments until all the arrears are paid off. 

If you believe your child support order should be lowered or raised, you may ask the court to modify it. The court looks at whether there has been a substantial change in circumstances for either parent and if the child's needs have changed. If you have had a new child, lost your job, or the other party has obtained a new job with a signicantly higher salary, the court may be inclined to modify your support obligation.