Brooke B. Mengel is a Senior Attorney at Wilson Law Group with extensive experience in all immigration matters. As a member of the Wilson Law Group litigation defense team, Brooke routinely represents clients before the Executive Office of Immigration Review in detained and non-detained settings, the Board of Immigration Appeals and the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota. In addition, Brooke successfully represents individuals and businesses before the U.S. Citizenship and immigration Service, various agency offices, and consulates abroad.
Adept at identifying strong points in unique situations, Brooke provides strategic planning across the spectrum of immigration matters. Brooke guides clients thorough their immigration matters by listening and explaining the process so the client can move confidently toward their goal.
During law school, Brooke was an active member of the Latino Law Student Association, worked as a paralegal in private practice, and served as a bilingual clerk for Hennepin County Domestic Abuse Servicer Center as an advocate for victims of domestic abuse.
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 2013
- Minnesota State Bar, 2010
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Volunteer consulting attorney with the Minnesota Advocates for Human Rights
- William Mitchell College of Law, Juris Doctor, 2010
- American Immigration Lawyers Association Litigation Institute, 2010
- University of Minnesota, Bachelor of Arts, 2000
- Annual guest speaker at the Chicana / Latina mother daughter conference hosted by the Minnesota State University,Mankato
- Presented on the issue of Immigrant Juveniles to Hennepin Court staff, Minnesota Courts and the private bar
- Presented on various immigration topics including removal defense, remedies in the detained court setting, survivor benefits and family based petitions