Amy M. Bellido is a Lead Paralegal at Wilson Law Group. She is an essential team member for the areas of family, criminal, and civil law, providing a high level of skilled support to the attorneys. Amy works directly with clients and communicates with opposing counsel, court staff, and agency personnel for a variety of legal matters. She drafts state court pleadings, including dissolution, custody, child protection, and termination of rights petitions, child support motions, affidavits, and criminal discovery demands. She assembles and organizes exhibits and other materials necessary for court and jury trials, obtains facts as an investigator, and finds necessary case law and statutes as a legal researcher. Amy also works on Special Immigrant Juvenile Status cases for the immigration attorneys, which are delicate legal proceedings, requiring specialized knowledge to work with adolescents and obtaining sensitive information in a respectful and understanding manner.
Amy has prior work experience at Centro Legal, Inc., starting as an intern and ending as an executive assistant. She worked for Language Banc agency as a contract medical interpreter in hospitals and clinics, and in a real estate office as a receptionist and marketing assistant. Amy has traveled to different countries in Latin America and Europe, including frequent travels to her mother's home country of Nicaragua, and has also been to Israel. During college, she studied abroad in Alicante, Spain.
- 2014 AILA Fundamentals of Immigration Law Conference
- Minnesota Family Law Practice for Paralegals CLE, 2012
- Family Law Clinic CLE, 2010
- Former member of the Minnesota Paralegal Association and Hamline’s Paralegal Society
- ABA approved Paralegal Certificate from Hamline University, 2010
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Spanish and a minor in Sociology from the University of Minnesota, Mankato, 2007