Anna Scholl is a Lead Attorney at Wilson Law Group where she practices in the areas of family and juvenile law. She has previously practiced criminal defense, employment law, and other civil litigation.
Anna has co-presented on immigration consequences for criminal defendants for the Hennepin County Public Defender’s Office and the Ramsey County Attorney’s Office. She has also assisted Wilson Law Group’s immigration attorneys in presenting on immigration topics in the Latino community. Anna has appeared on the Spanish radio stations La Raza, La Invasora, and La Picosa, discussing legal issues and answering questions from callers. In addition to defending criminal defendants, Anna is a valuable resource for Wilson Law Group’s immigration clients in need of representation for a variety of family and civil matters, including divorces, adoption, name changes, child support, and orders for protection.
While in law school, Anna was a Judicial Clerk to the Honorable Gina M. Brandt and became her Law Clerk upon graduation. During her last year of law school, Anna was also a Certified Student Attorney, representing clients of the Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota through the William Mitchell Immigration Law Clinic. Anna has worked as a Bilingual Senior Court Clerk in the Fourth Judicial District where she helped provide Spanish speaking defendants and respondents access to the court system in the Criminal and Juvenile divisions.
Anna donates blood at Memorial Blood Center where she worked part-time during her first year of law practice, and is dedicated to sharing the gift of life with her fellow human beings. Anna has a strong background in social justice principles. She enjoys her work as an attorney to help people in difficult situations where they would otherwise feel lost and ensuring that non-English speakers have equal access to the legal system.
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 2009
- Minnesota State Bar, 2007
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Family Law Institute, 2013
- Certified Civil Mediation Skills Training, 2011
- Criminal Justice Institute Trial School, 2009
- William Mitchell College of Law, Juris Doctor, 2007
- University of Minnesota, Bachelor of Arts, Spanish and Chicano Studies, 2000
- Studied abroad in Merida, Venezuela, 1999
- Co-presenter: Minnesota District Judges Association 2014 Fall Conference, 2014
- CLE: Unraveling the Knot of Immigration and Criminal Law - Understanding the Overlap Between the Immigration and Nationality Act and Minnesota Criminal Law (co-taught), 2012
- CLE: Immigration and Criminal Law: What every Immigration Lawyer Wishes their Client's Public Defender Knew (co-taught), 2009
- Panelist for: "What Did you Say? Tips for Effective Use of Interpreters in Family Court Cases"