Cassondre K. Buteyn is a Lead Attorney at Wilson Law Group and practices in the area of immigration law. Cassondre focuses on family-based immigration, naturalization, and removal defense, as well as humanitarian forms of relief such as U visas. Cassondre has been particularly recognized for her success in obtaining waivers of admissibility for clients seeking permanent residency through marriage after living in the US without lawful status.
Before and during law school, Cassondre worked as a legal assistant in an immigration firm, learning processes from the ground up. As an undergraduate student, Cassondre majored in international business of which she liked the “international” part best. This, along with her studies in Sevilla, Spain and work with foreign exchange students, motivated her towards a career in immigration law.
- Minnesota State Bar
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Former co-chair of the USCIS AILA liaison committee
- Advisory committee member of the Volunteer Lawyers Network’s Spanish Legal Services (“La Red”)
- Executive committee member of the New American Serivces Collaborative (2010-2011)
- William Mitchell College of Law, Juris Doctor, cum laude
- Drake University, Bachelor of Arts in International Business and Spanish