Eva Wailes is an Associate Attorney at Wilson Law Group where she focuses on criminal defense and quasi-criminal matters. Prior to joining Wilson Law Group, she worked at the nonprofit law firm Access Justice and clerked for the Honorable Jeffrey M. Bryan in Minnesota’s Second Judicial District. Eva’s commitment to social justice through legal advocacy includes pro bono work with Wills for Heroes, the Immigrant Law Center, and the Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy.
After graduating from Smith College, Eva spent three years as a Peace Corps Volunteer in rural Panama, working in sustainable agriculture and reforestation. She received a bilingual education certification and taught math in Texas, New Mexico, and Indiana. Eva received her Juris Doctor magna cum laude from Indiana University, where she focused on International Human Rights Law. During law school, Eva interned with the Counseling Center for Refugees in Prague, Czech Republic, was a member of the Order of the Barristers, and served as Associate Editor for the Indiana Law Review.
- Minnesota State Bar
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Smith College, Bachelor of Arts, summa cum laude with highest honors in mathematics
- Indiana University, Master of Arts in Teaching, mathematics and bilingual education
- Indiana University, Juris Doctor, magna cum laude