Lauren McGee is an Associate Attorney in Wilson Law Group's Denver office. Lauren practices exclusively federal immigration law. Lauren has worked within the immigration law field for almost a decade in both the private and nonprofit sector. Lauren has prolific experience providing comprehensive immigration law representation. In addition to her practice, she coordinated bi-monthly citizenship workshops in Chicago because she is committed to servicing the immigrant community and encouraging personal advancement. Lauren is licensed to practice law in the States of Colorado and Illinois, and is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. Lauren earned her Juris Doctor degree at Chicago-Kent College of Law, and was admitted to the Illinois bar in 2015. Lauren has traveled throughout the United States to represent clients in federal immigration matters before US Citizenship & Immigration Services, Immigration & Customs Enforcement, and the country's federal immigration courts.
While in law school, Lauren received a grant through the Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI) at MALDEF to research and analyze constitutional and statutory claims at both federal and state levels in cases concerning immigrant rights, education, political access, employment, and public resource equity. She also used her time out of the class to represent domestic violence victims as a licensed student attorney at Legal Aid Society of Metropolitan Family Services in Chicago. In addition, Lauren was a Legal Research and Writing Teaching Assistant to first-year law students. Prior to law school, Lauren graduated from Saint Cloud State University summa cum laude with a double major in Mass Communications and Spanish. While in college, Lauren studied abroad in Seville, Spain.
Lauren is tenacious. Her personal pursuits reveals her drive. She has competed in triathlons, obstacle course races, and completed multiple marathons. Lauren applies the same discipline to her approach to legal matters. She is tireless, determined, and ready to help any company, family, or individual accomplish their immigration law objectives.
- Colorado State Bar
- U.S. District Court North District of Illinois
- Illinois State Bar
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Saint Cloud State University (MN), Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Guest Lecturer for Advanced Legal Writing Course on Immigration: U Visas (2018)
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Guest Lecturer for Advanced Legal Writing Course on Immigration: Evidence Standards in Spousal-Based I-130 Petitions (2018)
- Sauk Prairie (WI) School District, Know Your Rights Presentation (2017)
- Centro Comunitario Juan Diego, Know Your Rights Presentation (2017