Shelby Kate Maly is an Associate Attorney at Wilson Law Group where she specializes in immigration law. Shelby Kate earned her Juris Doctor degree from Drake University Law School in Des Moines, Iowa with certificates in Constitutional Law and Civil Rights, International Law and Global Citizenship, and Public Service. During law school, Shelby Kate served as a student attorney at Drake's Refugee Clinic where she represented clients seeking asylum and consulted on cases involving the immigration implications of criminal convictions. Shelby Kate also externed for the Honorable Scott D. Rosenberg at the Iowa District Court 5C and clerked at the Iowa Department of Natural Resources and the Iowa Coalition Against Sexual Assault, an organization that serves survivors of sexual assault, abuse, and harassment. Shelby Kate received Victim's Counseling Training while at the Iowa Coalition Against Sexual Assault in which she was prepared to provide trauma-informed care and healing-informed crisis counseling. Shelby Kate also provided pro bono assistance to clients facing domestic abuse, racial discrimination, and eviction through Iowa Legal Aid and the American Civil Liberties Union of Iowa.
Prior to entering law school, Shelby Kate graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and Global Studies from Concordia College in Moorhead, Minnesota. She spent three semesters studying in Rwanda, Costa Rica, and India and is a member of the Phi Sigma Alpha Political Science Honor Society and the Sigma Iota Rho International Studies Honor Society. Shelby Kate volunteered with the Fargo/Moorhead English Language Learning program while in college and is a current Class Giving Representative for the Class of 2018.
- Iowa State Bar
- Minnesota State Bar
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Iowa Sate Bar Association
- Iowa Association of Women Attorneys
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Coalition Against Sexual Assault
- Minnesota Indian Women's Sexual Assault Coalition
- Drake University Law School, Juris Doctor
- Concordia College - Moorhead, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Global Studies, cum laude